Monday, September 8, 2008

I can only do ONE social event a day!

It's true! It's all I can handle. After going to Super Saturday (craft day) on, um, Saturday of course, which, I DID have lots of fun once I got there, I was done for the day. Andy took the girls to the park with some other young families (I wonder how long I'll be calling us a young family? I don't feel young, but my kids are...) and I stayed home. He, being the great husband that he is, let everyone know that's just how I roll. Incidentally, I had to go to the grocery store that evening, which is almost as impossible as a social event. I actually had to pray myself there.

Ok, so TODAY, I have TWO social engagements, and it is KILLING me. I woke up with my stomach in knots. You know, that almost-nauseated nervous feeling. And one of them isn't really even social! I have book club (yay!), but then I have to take Claire to dance. UGH! EASILY my least favorite 45 minutes of the week. I love watching her, but I never get to b/c I'm containing Gabe and Charlotte. And then there are the other moms. Sometimes they try to talk to me. And THAT is what makes it feel social and too much for me. I wish I could just wait in the car. I can't b/c I have to a) change her into her tap shoes somewhere in the middle, and b) they frown on you leaving your 4 year old alone in the building. Even though she isn't really alone, whatever.

3 comments:

Natalee said...

I totally know how you feel. I had to go to the grocery store and go to the teacher parent conference today. Since we moved to Abilene I have to force myself to leave the house.

Julianna said...

Being social with other moms stresses me out too b/c I always feel like they're judging me.

Carrie said...

Its so interesting to hear other people have the same problem as me! I always think I'm a weird outcast! I will always plan for more than one event in a day (its doesn't give me stress before hand). I'll get out for the first one whatever it may be - but then there is always an easy excuse to get out of the second thing.

I am also really bad at being around other moms - its partly the judging thing (which I think I'm getting over because I'm realizing I don't care if they are judging me about my parenting) secondly I just feel like they don't like ME! That holds me back more so than parental judging. Although I do feel them both.