Things have cooled off with Gabe, thank goodness. He isn't as affectionate and adoring as he once was, but he doesn't verbally and physically hate on me daily, either. I'll take it.
The Thanksgiving break is coming to a close, and it was LONG. The kids all started it off with the puke bug, which totally sucked, but we were fine on Thanksgiving. I am SO grateful for that. It is my favorite holiday, and it is all about food and being around family, both of which would have been squelched if someone were still puking. They were fine the rest of the week, so they got to enjoy playing with their cousins, watching movies, and going to a big fancy park. It seriously feels like 2 weeks since they were last in school.
I am feeling up and down these days. The end of the year is so stressful, and I start getting anxiety issues. Lucky for me, I was reminded what a miracle it is that I have not been taking any mood stabilizing meds for 6 months and I am a normal functioning human being. Huge, peeps. Really huge.
I guess I need to start thinking about getting the Christmas stuff out. The kids keep talking about our tiny pink Christmas tree - it is hilarious that they love it so much. I doubt I'll put out much else by way of decoration, but we'll see.
Claire just asked for grits for dinner. My little belle. She is the only one of my kids with a Texan accent, too. I get a kick out of hearing her talk.
This post is just to clear the blog from the last one since I don't want all that malcontent just hanging out there against Gabe forever. I'm not feeling real bloggy, but I'm doing fine.
5 comments:
i have a hard time wanting to put out holiday decorations, too. i don't really know why. but i think if i had a pink tree, i might easily muster the motivation....
I love you. I love your kids and the grits they eat and your little pink Christmas tree. Your blog makes me love you and miss you and want to move to Texas. xoxJess
I'm so glad your kiddos are feeling better. Puking en masse can really cramp the holiday style.
And I have really enjoyed being witness to your med-free miracle the past 6 months. You are REALLY doing great. Much love to you.
I am so proud of you!!!! You are amazing!!! It is totally a miracle!! I love you and I love your blog!!
Puking is going around! Glad it didn't ruin anything.
Post a Comment