Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just when you think you can take no more


I was having a really hard afternoon. Difficulty with the kids. I was (and still am) very very tired, and I couldn't be compassionate. If you get hurt, guess what - YOUR FAULT. I told you so. Maybe next time you'll learn. Ok, so I took a break1, and then I went to pick up the kids at my mom's. And then, a wonderful thing happened: Charlotte, age 6, kindergartener for 2 1/2 months, read all of "Ten Apples Up On Top" to me. She struggled, she sounded things out, she persevered, she didn't complain, and I was so awed and proud and excited for her. That's all it took. Even though they were the same kids going home, I liked them again.

1I was watching "HSM3." But it wasn't my fault!! I was there to love and support a good friend who wanted a girls' night out just for that movie. So, I had fun just being with her and our friends. But, seriously y'all, I could hardly take the movie.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

way to go mom! way to go charlotte! oh the simple pleasures in life.

Julianna said...

Way to go Charlotte!!!!!!!!!!!!



Boo to HSM3. I haven't seen any of those movies at all but I don't like the dude that's in them. He's got dirty secrets.

Natalee said...

It is those moments that make parenting woth it.

Natalee said...

It is those moments that make parenting woth it.