Sunday, June 7, 2009

I can't make a phone conversation out of this post

But I guess I need to blog for my own self.

I took the kids swimming on Saturday. I got to go to my own ward today. I even went to grown-up class (weird).

I'm tired, and I'm scared about a busy week and not feeling ready for it. Yep, scared. Where in the samhill is my pause button!? Okay, okay, one day at a time. (Remember that show? Isn't that the one with Monroe in it?) Just tomorrow. FHE morning, FHE night. In the middle? Well, that's stressing me out. I gotta join the Y. I gotta look for a pianist. I gotta do some minor grocerying. But do I do any of it tomorrow? I am for definitely cleaning all morning. Or staying up tonight and cleaning. Nope, I think sleep. I already washed my face (baby wipe), so just teeth and jammies and scriptures and prayer. AAGH! See? Too much stuff! What can I skip? Well, not the teeth (anymore), and jammies, well, that's nunya1, and the other two aren't optional, so... Guess I better get going.

And this is where my number one super power would come in handy. The ability to start and stop time. Like on that show with the alien chick. Swing on a Star, maybe? Anyway, I could just stop time now. Sleep and sleep and sleep. Get up and clean. Then, with no time lost, I could start time and go to bed. And if I wake up late? Quick - stop time! Leisurely get ready for the day. Start time. Get stressed out? Okay, you get it. Start, stop, enjoy myself.

My second super power would be that the effects of junk food and healthy food are reversed as soon as I eat. The more yummy chocolate and soda and cake, the hotter and healthier I become. I could indulge in a few veggies once in a while, sure, as a guilty pleasure. I would be one incredibly healthy, hot, well-rested super chick.

1"nunya" - none of your business

15 comments:

Jamee said...

what do u need a pianist for? maybe I can take that load off of you. . .

Rachel Means said...

Out of This World! I loved that show and so wanted to be her!

Jennifer said...

Ah, Jamee! If you could, sweet angel of a woman! The Primary Activity Day next Saturday. That's at 9 am at the church. Opening and closing songs, and then the music activity. All missionary songs. Yes, no? I thank you for even offering.

Alisha said...

I LOVED that show. I think of it so often when I get overwhelmed. And I think your last idea about food is an absolutely fabulous one. If someone could figure out a pill or something to make your body do that... sheesh-- my life would be GOOD! (That's what I tell myself anyway)

Jamee said...

the 13th or the 20th? Definitely yes on the 13th. The 20th will be at Sea World with my chitlins.

Natalee said...

I agree. I would love to have both of those super powers.

Jennifer said...

Alas, the 20th! I appreciate your willingness, and I hope the trip is PHENOMENAL.

Liz said...

Would you like to swing on a star?
Carry moonbeams home in a jar?
And be better of than you are?
Or would you rather live on earth?


Ever since Adam and Eve got tossed out into the lone and dreary world, earth-life has sucked!

Jamee said...

So sorry, Jen! I really tried!! BTW- I have to go through Liz's blog to get to yours bcuz it says I am not invited? How rude ;)

Jennifer said...

Jamee - this I do not understand b/c it isn't a private blog. Hmm. Try again; I changed one setting.

Shel said...

I hear you... I could use your super powers, too, Ugh.. so much to do and zippo motivation on my part (I better find it). I hope your day has gone great thus far!

Ash Kelley said...

so i'm glad i'm not the only baby wipe face washer in the world. I like the stop and start time idea. I always wish I never needed sleep and could just get everything done. But the longest I can go is 2 1/2 days. So I think the start and stop time is a winner.

Jamee said...

Jennifer, I figured it out! I misspelled your address when putting it onto my blog page. I feel sheepish. . baaaa! Hope your day and meeting went well today. BTW I finally updated my blog!

Jamee said...

Jen, I will be here on the 20th! Still need a pianist? If so, I'll be there.

Jennifer said...

YES YES YES, Jamee! But if it is bad news about your trip, then I am sorry. BUT I STILL WANT YOU!