I was so mad I couldn't even post it yesterday. And just so you know, NO soft tacos. Dad made mac n' cheese while I ignored them all.
The crowning event of the day was Charlotte breaking the living room window. I was very calm. She was terrified. No, she didn't get hurt. She was climbing on the furniture which is a clear breaking of rules, so she punished herself with guilt. The bugs came on in until Andy and his brother Craig put in some plywood (with the help of our home teacher who was the only sane man in the house.) I can't write all the irritation here. Let's just say that I stabbed a balloon with a pair of scissors in front of everyone because the kids were fighting over it. They lost their minds on that one. I could go on and on about the little irritations and arguments and whatnot. I was cussing by the end, to be sure.
Today was better because, honestly, it couldn't get worse without someone getting institutionalized. But I feel very sick (thank you, PMS), so I am just blah on the couch. Well, I mean, I was on the couch until I came in here to blog. Um, and play Digby's Donuts. So goodnight, y'all. Chicago can't run on no donuts.
10 comments:
What fun at your house! I would love to have seen the balloon popping! Sounds like you had a blast on Sunday and needed a day off Monday. I totally don't get computer games, and have no idea what the donut thing is, but if that's what makes you happy - go for it - I hope it helped and you saved Chicago from a horrible slow death due to no donuts.
Sorry about your bad PMS day! Sucks when no one else understands or even seems like they are trying to, doesn't it? I must confess that is was kinda funny to read though, cuz I was so mad at Jared on Saturday and he was with Andy & Andy was kinda laughing at Jared cuz I was so mad, like "ha ha, you're in trouble." I thought as I read your blog, "see, now its your turn!" LOL. JK- hope your day is better today.
All these latest posts that I just now read are hilarious.
I will now testify to the very true fact that a city without donuts is no place to live at all. I attempted to survive such a tragedy while in Idaho, and it cannot be done. I actually have Sarah on her way to my house right now with buttermilk glazed donuts from Shipley's (my new addiction)
I can't stop laughing because I identify so completely. Especially the balloon popping incident. Remember my "toaster incident". Sometimes destruction is the only way to feel better when you are having one of those really horrible days. I feel for you on the window. I groaned when i read it. I am so sorry. You deserve a day off!
Oh by the way I loved your comment on my last post. I could not stop laughing. You are pretty much the funniest person I know.
Wait, let me get this straight, Liz didn't have donuts while she was in Idaho? What!?!? I didn't know people could live that way. I am shocked!
Sorry for all the crap. On the bright side, for your next "involved mother" activity you can let the children paint the new plywood window!
No lie: my word verification is 'sling'. As in, "Charlotte didn't mean to sling herself into the window... BUT she did, and upon doing so, broke the glass."
You are so funny! I love that you were mad and ignored everyone AND denied them delicious soft tacos. You go, girl! Sorry about your broken window- I do like Leslie's idea of painting it! My house might benefit from painted plywood windows since my yard is so UGLY lately!
Jamee was so givin the Jared the stink eye!! I loved it. Not that I loved Jamee upset, but seeing Jared in trouble is great after he had just lost a bet with me in soccer. You ladies be funny!
Oh man, Jen. I know this isn't funny to you, but hearing about you being mad is pure comedy. Again, I'm requesting you, GNO, and some stand up. Pronto.
just to let you know..i wrote vincent a long letter abo9ut sunday night at your house and he told me it made his day..he also says hello and that he misses you..so just know that your bad day made vince smile which in turn should make you smile-a little- cuz who can resist helping vince?
Post a Comment